Of all the many decisions Florida business owners have, choosing the right commercial insurance coverage is one of the most important. Without proper insurance protection, you could easily find yourself in serious financial trouble—you might even lose your business. Lakewood Financial can help you with all your commercial insurance needs, but today we’re going to highlight commercial auto insurance.
Who needs commercial auto insurance?
Anyone who operates one or more vehicles in the course of doing business, or who owns or leases a vehicle for business use needs commercial auto insurance (also known as business auto insurance). All kinds of businesses need commercial auto insurance, including trucking and hauling services, taxi or limo services, moving companies, delivery services, repair services, locksmiths, landscaping companies, and day care or van services. You need a commercial auto policy if:
· The vehicle is registered in the name of the business
· You have permanently attached equipment or pull a trailer in relation to your work
· You have a commercial license plate
· You have a sign or advertising for the business on your vehicle
· Employees drive the vehicle, or drive their own vehicles while working for your business
· The vehicle is used to deliver packages or food
· The vehicle is used to transport clients or other employees
· You transport people for a fee, such as driving for Uber or Lyft
Don’t expect your personal auto policy to cover business use. Business use is almost always excluded under personal auto policies, and your insurance company could deny claims if they find you’re using your vehicle in your business. (If you still have questions about whether your usage qualifies as business use, please consult a commercial auto agent.)
A commercial auto insurance policy offers the same types of coverages as a personal auto policy, including liability (property damage, bodily injury, uninsured motorist) and comprehensive and collision. Commercial auto policies are designed to address the needs of the business owner, and whatever situations might arise from business use of a vehicle. The good news is that the cost of commercial insurance is often quite reasonable—and not always more expensive than a personal auto policy. The best thing to do is to discuss the types of coverage and limits you need with a commercial auto insurance agent, like one of the professionals at Lakewood Financial.
How to get a commercial auto insurance quote
It’s simple! Just give Lakewood Financial a call at 941-747-4600, or click here to contact us online. Our experienced agents will help you choose a commercial auto policy that suits your needs. Some info that will help us give you the most accurate quote includes:
· How many vehicles you need to have insured
· Who the drivers will be, and as much of their driving history as you know
· How the vehicles are used
· Whether or not you transport cargo or people
· How many miles will be driven each year
Protect your business with a commercial auto policy
A commercial auto policy will help to protect your business—and you, personally—from financial loss stemming from the cost of an accident if you or one of your employees is at fault. Lakewood Financial writes commercial auto insurance for both large and small businesses. We have more than 25 years’ experience serving the insurance needs of Bradenton, Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch, and surrounding communities. Please give us the chance to help you protect your business!