We’re lucky in the Sarasota/Bradenton area to be able to enjoy our boats and water sports nearly year round. But before you hit the bay, lake, or river, do you have the insurance coverage you need for your boat? Even if you don’t have to carry insurance to satisfy a lender, many marinas require proof of boat insurance before they will allow you to dock, and you should also have coverage in place to protect your liability.
As an independent insurance agency, Lakewood Financial represents many quality insurance carriers—not just one. From time to time, we’ll draw attention to one of our carriers and what they specialize in. This month we want to introduce you to American Integrity, an A-rated, Tampa Bay-based insurance company, focused on insuring Florida consumers. Today we’ll discuss their special small boat owners insurance program, and later in the month, we’ll share information about their excellent homeowners insurance program.
American Integrity’s small boat owners insurance is specifically designed for small watercraft (up to 30 feet with underwriting approval), including sailboats, bass boats, pontoons, cruisers, and personal watercraft such as Waverunners and Jet Skis. Some features of the program:
- Boat policies can be written with hull coverage, liability coverage, or both
- Boat policies can be written on an Agreed Hull Value or Actual Cash Value basis
- Boating Liability coverage can be purchased up to $500k as a Combined Single Limit or Split Limits
- Boat policies can be written with a maximum of two owners with an endorsement
- Uninsured Boater coverage is included with the Boating Liability limit, but can be excluded for a reduction in premium
- Fuel spillage coverage is included
- No need to file a navigation plan with them
In addition to the above, American Integrity offers optional coverages, including Bahamas coverage, mechanical breakdown, medical payments, personal effects, and supplemental liability for boats you rent.
To lower your premiums, American Integrity offers several types of discounts, including ones for taking safety courses (state-certified, U.S. Power Squadron, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, or U.S. Coast Guard’s Captain’s License), as well as a multi-program discount if you have your homeowners insurance with them.
If you’d like to see if an American Integrity small boat owners policy is right for you, please call us at 941-747-4600 or email us for a boat owners insurance quote.